Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Man I Want To Be

There are days when I'm not too sure of the man I am...or the man God wants me to be.

Ever have days like that as a man? Maybe some of you reading this are thinking, "Better him than me." Maybe some of you have it all together.

I don't...but that's where my hope is in how God is initiating me as a man.

What follows is a poem written by a woman, not a man. I wish I wrote it. Better still, I wish I could be the man this woman desires...a man I want to be.

For today, I just wanted to share this poem with you men. Is there anything you read in this that reflects who you are...or who you are not? It truly inspires, and begs reflection.

And action...

Live Fully Oh King, Run Hard Strong Man by Cherri Lucas

I have longed a lifetime only for you.
I am steady watching. You are never in view.
Are you fighting and pressing near?
Break through walls; overcome all fear!
You are a king! A majestic man!
Full of honor and courage to stand.
Oh mighty warrior, lead and fight!
Conquer the darkness with holy light.
Your heart is on fire, my humble king!
Your hands how they war! Your mouth how it sings!
You’re covered in blood, sinless and free.
Your enemies they turn, they run and flee!
Your eyes are bright and clearly speak,
Of strength and victory from the Christ you seek!
The Lion of Judah dwells in your chest.
He is your courage, your strength, your best!
His roar is wild, it’s fearless and untamed!
It is felt and heard in your heart aflame!
Come and find me my love! Pursue me hard!
To all but you my king, my heart is barred.
I cannot bear a life without you my lord.
Come with violence, and shield and sword!
Come with strong arms, and be gentle and free!
Have all that I am! Without fear take me!
I long to move you like nothing ever could!
Like mountains uprooted and mysteries understood!
I need to know and be known by you.
To breathe as one and no longer two.
That our hearts would beat together with His,
Forever and ever as the Holy One lives!
I pray He delivers this love and desire,
Into the depths of your heart of fire.
Until we join by His great plan,Live fully oh king, run hard strong man!

For more information on men's work in the Louisville, KY area, visit The ManKind Project of KY at http://www.mkpky.org/

Discover the invitation to the masculine journey through John Eldredge and the Ransomed Heart Ministries at http://www.ransomedheart.com/

No comments: